AUGUST 12, 2021 | Expanded Sanitary Protocol At The Brando
Due to the rapid increase of Covid-19 cases in French Polynesia, further sanitary measures have been implemented by the resort to protect our guests and residents on the atoll.
These measures come as a complement to the country’s requirements followed by our international guests to enter French Polynesia, and to the existing measures implemented at the resort.
Expanded Sanitary Protocol At The Brando
This reinforced sanitary protocol comprises 3 phases:
Test Campaign on Saturday August 14, 2021
A large-scale testing campaign will take place on the atoll on Saturday, August 14. This campaign is organized and will be implemented by our medical partner Fenua Medex. It will cover all staff members and partners located on the atoll. Resort guests will not included in this campaign as they are already being tested twice to enter the country (before their international flight and upon arrival). Antigenic tests will be used to rapidly flag any potential positive case, triggering the strict isolation of the person until their medical evacuation, should any case be confirmed.
Systematic regulation of entry to Tetiaroa
Whether entering the atoll by air or by sea, staff members, partners, and resident guests in French Polynesia have been undergoing systematic antigenic tests since Monday, August 09. This measure will be maintained until further notice to prevent the risk of penetration of the virus from asymptomatic bearers. International visitors are not affected by this measure for the above reasons.
French Polynesia is offering expanded access to several vaccines. Our medical partner will offer vaccination of staff members and partners on the atoll, to encourage and facilitate vaccination access to residents of Tetiaroa, despite their remote location. Please kindly note that French law currently prohibits companies from requiring their staff to vaccinate.
We would like to sincerely thank you for your trust and understanding as we coordinate all possible efforts to ensure a safe and enjoyable stay for our guests.
MARCH 11, 2021 | The Brando is proud to announce that it is has become Sharecare Health Security VERIFIED™ with Forbes Travel Guide.
The comprehensive facility verification helps ensure that guests and travel planners can book with confidence at properties that have appropriate health safety procedures in place. This verification comes with an easily identifiable “seal of approval” – the Sharecare VERIFIED™ with Forbes Travel Guide badge – based on The Brando’s compliance with expert-validated best practices that minimize the risk and impact of COVID-19 and potential future public health events.
AUGUST 20, 2020 | We are happy to share more information about the enhanced sanitation and operational best practices implemented in our properties in response to the worldwide Covid-19 outbreak.
Enhanced Sanitation and Operational Best Practices Implemented at The Brando resort in Tetiaroa, French Polynesia
While our resort has always maintained strict health and hygiene standards, The Brando has reopened with enhanced sanitation and operational best practices in accordance with:
• the World Health Organization (WHO),
• the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC),
• local health authorities and governmental advisories
In application of these protocols, the following measures have been implemented at our property:
• Support and training of our team members on the enhanced sanitary processes by a registered pharmacist.
• Hand sanitizer stations are available throughout the resort (Alcohol-based 60% or more).
• At the resort, face masks or coverings are required for all team members and guests in public areas.
• The resort has increased the frequency of cleaning of public areas, public bathrooms and guests villas (including door handles, switches and high-touch points).
• Transportation services adhere to social distancing guidelines and sanitation procedures. Wearing a face mask is required by law in all aerial, land and maritime public means of transportation as well as in their waiting areas (for all persons above 11 years old).
• Card or contactless payment is encouraged.
• Magazines and other non-essential items have been removed to allow for greater peace of mind. Free access to on-line magazines and newspapers worldwide are available from the in-room tablet.
• The villas are cleaned on a daily basis, sheets and towels are all changed every three (3) days – or more often upon request.
• Pool furniture is disinfected frequently.
• Fitness equipment is positioned to provide for physical distancing.
• To ensure a comfortable and safe dining experience, tables and chairs have been removed and spaced throughout the Restaurant and Bar areas to allow for physical distancing.
• Restaurant furniture and menus are sanitized after each use, the use of digital versions of our menus is encouraged.
Please note, all procedures and programming are subject to change based on guidance from the CDC, WHO, and relevant governmental authorities.
Travelling to and holidaying in French Polynesia
We invite all guests and partners to refer to Tahiti Tourism’s website for the latest up-to-date travel-related information: https://tahititourisme.com/en-us/covid-19/
The team at The Brando will be happy to help facilitate your return with its on-site test requirements process.
During your vacation, a frequent disinfection of your hands and wearing a face mask in public will be required. Please kindly note that as of July 17, 2020, wearing a face mask is compulsory for persons above 11 years old in all public means of transportation (aerial, maritime, land) and their related waiting areas and that as of August 13, 2020, wearing a face mask is also compulsory for persons above 11 years old in all establishments open to the public including the hotels and restaurants.
Otherwise, our resort of only 36 villas is built on a private island that allows a natural adherence to the social distancing measures, while offering an outstanding scenery.
The team at The Brando extends its deepest sympathies to those globally affected by the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), and will keep prioritizing the safety and wellbeing of both our hotel guests and employees.
We also wish to take this opportunity to thank you all for your ongoing support during these unprecedented times. Although we are unable to predict when this situation will be more controlled worldwide, The Brando is primed and ready to welcome you back with ease to the tranquility of island life in the South Pacific.
When you’re ready to travel again, we’ll be ready to welcome you.
Reservation and enquiries
For further information, please contact our colleagues at reservation department or your preferred sales contact for further assistance.
Our reservation department remains open and available by phone (+689 40 866 366) and by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
With our best regards,